What Are Dehumidifiers & What Do They Do?
A whole-home dehumidifier removes excess moisture from your home, creates a more comfortable environment, and helps improve indoor air quality. By maintaining a consistent humidity level within your home, it helps prevent the growth of mold, mildew, and other contaminants. Whole-home dehumidifiers can also enable your air conditioner to cool your home more efficiently.
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF A WHOLE-HOME DEHUMIDIFIER?
Major components of a whole-home dehumidifier:
- Indoor unit that contains a compressor, condensing coil, and a fan to move the air through your home
- Refrigerant that absorbs the heat, causing moisture in the air to condense on the coils
- Drain to remove the moisture collected
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A WHOLE-HOME DEHUMIDIFIER?
- Comfort. Humidity control throughout your entire house, which is ideal for large and multi-story homes
- Integration into your existing HVAC system, so it is easy to operate and maintain
- Reliable and does not require daily maintenance
- Quiet. With a fully insulated cabinet, these units have quiet operation
- Healthy. Air filter helps remove contaminants and irritants from your indoor air
- Can be used independently or connected to your HVAC ductwork, to remove warm, humid air and return cool, drier air to your home