With it’s revolutionary insulated cabinet and design, the extraordinary Trane Hyperion™ air handler represents a substantial advance in air handling technology and home air quality.
- Variable speed motor provides reliable, energy efficient power.
- Refrigerator-styled insulation made without exposed fibrous material, virtually eliminates sweating, condensation and airborne particles for a safer home environment.
- 14 industry-exclusive patents. All-aluminum coil that’s more durable than standard copper.
The all-aluminum coil found in this new line of air handlers is exponentially more durable than standard copper coils, which are susceptible to formicary corrosion. This ensures families stay comfortable indoors all year long, no matter what the weather outside.
The double-walled cabinet eliminates the need for exposed insulation and helps prevent energy loss with the use of airtight plugs instead of conventional knockouts. This reduces the air handler’s carbon footprint and provides a cleaner environment.
ComfortLink™ II Communicating Capability
ComfortLink™ II communicating technology connects all of your key components, so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance through the lifetime of your products. In addition, the TAM9 model offers the added option of 24V connectivity.
Thanks to the exclusive Trane Vortica™ blower, the new Hyperion™ variable-speed air handler provides homeowners with reliable, ultra-quiet operation, so they can hear each other instead of the heating and cooling system.
Better, cleaner air
Pair this Trane variable-speed air handler with Trane CleanEffects® Whole Home Air Cleaner for advanced air filtration that removes more dust, pollen and other irritants from conditioned air for a cleaner, healthier, more comfortable home.
Hyperion™ TAM9 air handler models
|MODEL||NOMINAL COOLING CAPACITY (BTUH)||HEIGHT (IN.)||WIDTH (IN.)||DEPTH (IN.)|
Every Trane variable-speed air handler is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The Hyperion™ TAM9 includes:
- Efficiently designed cabinet
- UVc light kit with safety switch available as an accessory
- Fully enclosed insulation
- All-aluminum coil
- Variable-speed Vortica™ blower motor
- Unique modular design
- Electronic expansion valve metering device that is 400% more reliable than standard expansion valves
- Quick-turn fasteners
- “No leak” drain pan made from rust-resistant composites and built with a gradual slope
- Heating options for either hydronic or electric heat
- Corrosion-resistant finish
- ComfortLink™ II communicating technology (on select models)
- Highly efficient variable-speed technology (on select models)
- 24V Connectivity available in the TAM9 model